Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Poem 3 - Divided

Who are you, living beside me?
What treasured parts still fit together
To gingerly compose the image that is my love?
How my heart weeps and seethes in his absence
Its beat dancing on reels
My feet sore at the heels
From this grey stop, so sudden.
A mindless, mindful, graceful, grateful story
We once were.
Strong bodies, young and rose-colored and smelling of sea.
Starred eyes and nights swallowed us whole.
Who are you, living beside me?
Walls and doors and chairs and stale air.
Pixelated goals replace the tangible zeal of tomorrow.
Blurred days and cloudy clouded concentrated thoughts
Shuttered words, so carefully constructed to
Love and hate and harrow and move
But to no avail.
Who are you, living beside me?
An aside, riding in my sidecar
The listless wind has somehow whipped you
Though I stand solid beneath you
Your earth is crumbling.
I shall continue to tear at the fabric of my soul
Until I can save you
And bring you home.

No comments: